Thursday, December 25, 2014

I Hope You're Having a Wonderful Christmas

File:Santa Claus for Christmas.jpg
Merry Christmas to All!
People are so wrong when they say Christmas is just for kids. I say this because I LOVE getting gifts from my husband. This year I wanted a few specific things, which my husband got me, which was an excellent portable vacuum cleaner and a great wedding photo album for me to fill.

He also got me a lovely heart necklace and a butcher block set and a 12-cup food processor.

I am one of those wives that sometimes requests kitchen gifts for Christmas because, well, I am a quaint housewife that enjoys my role in the kitchen.

Meanwhile, our brick fireplace needs to be inspected so we are watching Netflix's fireplace video. It is (almost) just as cozy.

I hope you are all having a great Christmas as well and getting gifts you like, and if you don't exchange gifts, then I hope you are with the ones you love, or in a warm house with something good to eat. One year when I was a student, the Christmas of 9/11, I spent it at my apartment out of state.

I was scared to travel on Amtrak back then. I never told anyone at college I was alone on Christmas because I didn't want them to look at me funny. But a lot of people spend Christmas by themselves and it is a great time to watch Christmas cartoons, take a walk in the snow, or do some online shopping for yourself.

Our Christmas dinner today is a spiral-sliced ham (a 9.5 pounder that I got for $11.50 because it was on a deep markdown), stuffed button mushrooms, roasted vegetables, steamed string beans, rolls, and some pumpkin pie later.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

No comments: